I made this delicious shrimp and zoodles recipe for dinner last night and after posting it on my Instagram stories, I received several requests to share the recipe. Next time, I'll be sure to take lots of photos of the steps. This dish is super easy to make though and I used spices I already had in my pantry, which many of you will likely already have in your spice collection as well.
I'm all about low-carb dishes these days, since I try to track my macros daily. I eat most of my carbs in the morning, whether it's toast, a luna bar, a banana, or yogurt. By the time dinner rolls around I usually don't have lots of carbs left. That's when I opt for zoodles! If you aren't tracking your carbs though or need more carbs, you can easily swap the zoodles for a healthier pasta (almond flour, veggie, etc.).
I hope you guys enjoy this recipe. If you end up trying it, let me know in the comments down below!
WHAT YOU NEED
Cooking spray (I like to use coconut oil cooking spray)
Spiralized zucchini (I like to keep it simple and get the pre-packaged fresh spiralized zucchini)
Red pepper flakes
Fresh ground pepper
Fresh parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- coconut cooking spray
- 1 lb. shrimp (medium, peeled and deveined)
- 2 containers or 2 spiralized zucchini
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon (add more if you like it spicier) red pepper flakes
- Sprinkle to taste fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parmesan cheese
- 3 ounces sun-dried tomatoes